Calendar winter 2022-2023
For various reasons, the program might be modified. Outings might be either replaced by a new destination, or cancelled. The weekly Newsletter will provide more information (sign up on this page, to the right).
The coordinators of the nordic section (Charles Jacquemart, email@example.com), and of the snowshoeing section (Françoise Samuel, firstname.lastname@example.org) will be available for further information and practical advice.
The calendars for nordic skiing and for snowshoe activities are available on the french speaking page
Sign-up to newsletter
Nordic skiing group lessons
The nordic skiing group lessons will be given by professional instructors at La Vattay, French Jura, according to the calendar (see the Newsletter). Skiers seeking further information on private lessons or group lessons may contact Charles Jacquemart, email@example.com .
Nordic skiing (classic style and skating style ) and snowshoe outings are organized on Saturdays and/or Sundays from December to the end of March, under the guidance of volunteer outing leaders, on track or off-track. In case of lack of snow, the planned outing can be replaced by a hike, depending on the availability of the outing leaders.
A document with the answers to frequently asked questions concerning nordic skiing at the SCIG is accessible here (pdf file).
People wishing to register for their first ever snowshoe outing are invited to participate in an outing rated “facile”, or “moyen” if they have a good general physical condition. Please mention your beginner status to the outing leader when registering.
A document with a few recommendations concerning snowshoeing can be accessed here (pdf document)
- SCIG members : CHF 5 per day for the outing.
- Non-members : CHF 15 per day for the outing.
- Transportation by train/bus (you buy your own ticket); or by car-pooling: participation in the costs.
- Nordic skiing: Charles Jacquemart, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Snowshoes: Françoise Samuel, email@example.com
- Domaine nordique de La Vattay, Monts Jura, France
- Domaines nordiques de la région lémanique
- Domaine nordique St-Cergue, Suisse
- Domaines nordiques Vallée de Joux, Suisse
- Domaines nordiques Les Rousses, Prémanon, Lamoura, Bois d’Amont, France
- Domaine nordique Chapelle des Bois, France
- Domaine nordique Jurassien (Ain, Doubs, Jura), France
- Domaine nordique Les Saisies, Savoie, France
- Domaine nordique le Grand Revard, France
- Cartes d’accès aux pistes de ski de fond
- Ecole suisse de ski à St-Cergue, Suisse
- Ecole du ski français (ESF) Haut-Jura, France
- Manteau neigeux et météo, Suisse
- Bulletin d’avalanches, Suisse
- Les bienfaits du ski de fond
Access cards to the nordic skiing trails
Dear skier friends, you are encouraged to buy your access cards to the trails. Among the cards offered we recommend the season card “Suisse” at the price of CHF 160.-: this card allows access to all cross-country ski trails in Switzerland. It also allows access to the cross-country ski trails of the French Jura Massifs (Ain, Jura, Doubs) and entitles you to a 50% discount on the maps.
Do not hesitate to contact the coordinators in order to receive more detailed information.