Information for weekend 23-24 March 2019
- Online registration starting Monday for scig.ch account members at scig.ch/voir-sorties (How to register?) — Registration for downhill ski outings starts every Monday morning and ends on Thursday 8pm. However, as space for ski lessons and buses is limited, we highly recommend you register early in the week to secure your spot as we may run out of space before then.
- Thu 21 Mar, permanence at Varembé restaurant for handing out USCA cards, get help with registrations.
- Saturday 23 March — Courmayeur, Italie — Bus leaves at 7h00. No beginner classes 1 or 2. Bus 40.-Skipass 51.- Bring your passport or ID card (with visa if required); people without proper ID will be left behind at Customs
- Sunday 24 March — Avoriaz — All classes. Skipass 30,- Bring your passport or ID card (with visa if required); people without proper ID will be left behind at Customs
Vallée Blanche Sat 13 April (attention date changed)
Val d’Isère for Easter, 17-22 April 2019, 5 days of ski
The SCIG teaches skiing in group classes of various levels ranging from class 1 (absolute beginners) to class 6 (advanced skiers). Each class has between 5 and 12 pupils. The lessons are given by qualified ski instructors. Daily lessons last 4 hours (2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon). Classes take place at French or Italian mountain resorts (remember your passport, visa, Euros and membership card).
The transport is by coach – leaving Geneva at 7.30 a.m. from Avenue de la Paix near the Place des Nations. Departure from the ski resorts is around 4.30 p.m. arriving in Geneva at approximately 6 p.m. Tickets are sold at the ‘permanence’.
Classes for beginners:
There are lessons for beginners at all our destinations except in Chamonix and Italy.
- Brévent Chamonix: no class 1 or 2
- Grands-Montets Chamonix: no class 1 or 2
- Courmayeur, Italy: no class 1 or 2
- La Thuile, Italy: no class 1
One day trip
Outings with or without lessons, from beginner to advanced level
One day ski touring trips with a guide
For good skiers selected by the technical director
Avalanche preparation course for instructors and advanced skiers, initiation to ski touring, advanced ski touring, helicopter skiing…
Skiing without lessons
From 8th to 10th March 2019 : Zinal
From 17th April to 22nd April 2019 : Val d’Isère (Easter) Limited to 30/35 p.
The 27th February 2019 : Night ski and snowshoeing at St-Cergue with fondue
Snowboard outings on request, minimum 3 persons.
- Downhill ski price list*
- * The prices will be increased in the case of an increase in the fuel cost for outings to Italian ski resorts
- Downhill ski program
- Ski school contacts
- USCA cards
Avalanche courses on skis 3 Feb. Two theory sessions available for those who took a practical course on snow: 6 Feb