Important note: Events listed below may be cancelled, postponed, modified depending on weather and snow conditions and volunteers’ availability. We will do our best to keep this page updated every week during the winter. So keep coming here to get the latest information. Suggestions, including for new outings, are welcome any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To register for an outing email the contact person listed below. Links to outing flyers will become available in due course.
|23.03.2019||Barboleuse – Villars||Raquettes ou ski||Rob Jones|
|24.03.2019||Plateau des Glières||Ski n., s.p||Markus Geier|
|30.03.2019||Destination in the Swiss Jura to be determined depending on snow conditions||Ski n., s.p||Charles Jacquemart|
|31.03.2019||European summertime begins. On Sunday clocks go forward; at 2am it will be 3am|
|31.03.2019||Mont Sâla, Jura vaudois
Effortwise, the tour will equal about 20 km on piste.
|Nordic ski, mostly off piste but no technical difficulty.||Rob Jones|
The Club organises Nordic (cross-country) ski and snowshoeing outings, led by volunteer leaders, on tracks as well as off-track, Saturday and/or Sundays from December until Easter.
Group lessons for beginner and intermediate skiers will be organized on 16/12/2018, 13/01/2019, 20/01/2019 and 03/02/2019.
CHF 5 for SCIG members. CHF 15 for non-members. You can become a member online ahead of the outing or during the outing with the outing leader. Any additional costs, like carpooling, will be stated in each outing flyer.
How to register
Information about each outing listed below is available by clicking on the hyperlinked destination names (they will become gradually available over the next months). Registration is normally by email directly with the outing leader. If you are signed up to the weekly newsletter, you will receive information about what’s going on this weekend. If available, some outing leaders may show up at the Permanence on Thursdays from 6 p.m. to 7.30 p.m, at the restaurant of the Varembé swimming pool.
- La Vattay, Monts Jura, France (ouverture des sites de ski nordique samedi 22 décembre 2018; si la neige arrive avant, le site de La Vattay ouvrira dès novembre, les week-ends)
- Snowpack and weather (Switzerland)
- Avalanche bulletin (Switzerland)
- Les Saisies, Savoie, France
- La Clusaz (domaines nordiques Beauregard et Les Confins), France
- Les atouts du ski de fond
- Cartes d’accès aux pistes de ski de fond
- Ecole suisse de ski à St-Cergue
- Ecole du ski français Haut-Jura
- Espace Nordique Jurassien
- Mobility Car Share calculator